Baby proofing and child home safety articles
Baby Proofing Articles:
Introduction to Child Proofing your Home
Home Child Proofing Checklist
Baby Proofing the relatives house at Christmas
Baby Proof the Christmas Tree
Window Fall Prevention
Safety Gate Articles:
Guide to finding the right Baby Gate
Baby Safety Gate Mounting Kit Options
Safety Gate Guide and Tips
When to use a Gate Mounting Kit
The dangers of used and second-hand safety gates
Poison Safety Articles:
Poisonous Plants List
Safe Houseplants List
Poisonous Household Products
Poison Proof your Home
Home Safety Articles:
Lower the risk of SIDS
Outdoor Balcony Safety
Chemicals in Vinyl Shower Curtains
Kitchen Safety for Kids
Baby Changing Table Safety
Book Shelf Safety
Lead Testing at Home
Baby Walker Accidents
Crib Bumper Problems
Technology Tips for Kids
Cleaning Safety Tips for Kids
Travel Safety Articles:
Beach Safety Tips for Kids
Travel Safety for Kids
Accidents do happen? Here are the facts:
- According to the National Safe Kids Campaign, accidents kill and disable more children than kidnapping, drugs, and diseases combined.
- Each year as many as 2.5 million children require medical attention from household related injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- The Poison Prevention Council estimates that one in every 100 hundred children under the age of five accidentally ingests a poisonous substance each year. About one in every three childhood poisonings occurs at the home of a grandparent.
- More than 700 species of plants in the U.S. and Canada are known to have caused illness or death in humans. Children are especially attracted to species that bear colorful fruits, blossoms, and berries.
- Safety experts agree, however, that 90% of household accidents are preventable.