In order to prevent childhood scalding here are a few great tips:
- Set your water heater at 120 degrees for a medium setting.
- When filling the tub for a child use a thermometer to judge if it's too hot.
- Run your hand under the water before allowing your child to get in the tub.
- Wear long oven mitts when handling hot food
- Turn all pot handles inward
- Use a Stove Guard to keep little ones from hot stove burners.
If you do burn your skin: Run cold water over it for 3 minutes or more. Don't use butter or ice and call 911 if the burn looks really bad.
Be safe and be aware!
Thanks from the staff at Kidsafe