With all of us spending much more time in the outdoors during the summer months it is important to remember to baby proof your outdoor decks, balconies and spaces. Here are some tips:
- Safeguard the railing of a raised deck or balcony with a mesh Deck Guard.
- Check that chairs and furniture cannot be used for climbing over railings.
- Segregate the BBQ grill with a Hearth Gate, or keep baby indoors while in use.
- Modern-type pipe railings with big openings can be baby proofed with the installation of clear Plexiglas sheets.
- Block deck stairs with the installation of a plastic or metal baby gate.
- Make sure that there are no poisonous plants on or near your deck.